Monday, January 9, 2012

Sometimes A Girl Just Needs A Cookie

No-Bake Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies


 A chocolate one at that.  And yesterday was just one of those days. It was not a bad day by any means. Actually, it was a wonderful day and so why not top off a wonderful day with a cookie?  For those of you who don't know me, I really do eat as I say on my blog. Healthy, whole, organic foods with very little (for lack of a better word) junk. Also, I realized a few years ago that my belly and my immune system like me so much better when I stay away from gluten; so I usually eat as gluten-free and low-carb as possible. Now with all that being said, I am sure you are wondering how a cookie can possibly fit anywhere in these guidelines? Well, my aunt sent me a recipe for one that meets most of the requirements and other than the sugar, it is pretty good for you.  These No-Bake Oatmeal Cookies are super easy to make, easy to double for a larger quanity and are gluten-free. I often mix in some chopped walnuts and ground flax for a little extra protein and Omega-3's but you can go with what you have on-hand or leave them just as they are.

Here is a list of what you will need.

1 cup sugar (I use evaporated cane juice organic sugar)
1/4 cup organic 1% milk
1/4 cup all natural organic peanut butter (I like smooth but crunchy is good too)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 stick organic butter
1 tbs organic cocoa
1 1/2 cups gluten-free organic rolled quick-cook oats (Bob's Red Mill)



In a saucepan heat the sugar, milk, vanilla, butter and cocoa to a boil. Let this boil for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in the oats, peanut butter and any other mix-ins you are adding.


Scoop mixture onto wax paper or foil and let cool. Yields 16 cookies.

4 comments:

  1. Do you deliver? Love reading and seeing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love eating all these creations! Only had ten of the sixteen no bake cookies. Huh, at least they were gluten free. :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of no-bake cookies. I have heard of gluten-free cookies. I really have never thought that I wanted to try either, let alone a combination of both, but these make me want to give it a go. I usually don't go for the sweets, but when they start screaming for cookies, we will try these.

    ReplyDelete

Gluten-Free Moroccan Carrot Soup

Tex-Mex Chicken Quinoa

Baby Bok Choy And Grass-Fed Beef Stir-Fry

Gluten-Free Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie

Crustless Quiche

Hearty Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup

The Best Brussels Sprouts Ever

No Cans Chicken and Rice (Gluten Free)

Last Minute Soup

Gluten-Free Cajun Quinoa

Pantry Staples

No-Bake Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies

Flourless Chocolate Cake gluten-free

Flourless Chocolate Cake Gluten-free

i heart groceries' Texas Caviar

iheartgroceries blog logo