Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pretty Sure I Should Start This Today

You know when you put something off and put something off and put something off...and in some round about way that something always ends up a topic of conversation, the first thing you think of when you try to think of something else and basically makes itself front and center in your life? Ever expericenced such a thing? Well, for me today is the day I get this "something" off my to do list. Check, done. What is this "something" of which I write? You guessed it, THIS BLOG. For months I have been contemplating what to write, where to start, what site to use, a name, how to photograph and post recipes and blah, blah, blah.  I have written numberous blogs in my head and kept a list of related stories, recipes and favorite finds to share. Yes, a list. In my head. Taking up space and lately becoming unavoidable. So today after 2 requests for food help/ recipes before 3pm, I am doing it. I am beginning today. No more avoidance, no more getting to it tomorrow, no more lists...well that isn't true. But no more prolonging the lists to become whatever it is this may turn out to be. And honestly, it feels good.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you have started your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for you...from one list maker to another - I get it! Wait for about ten years and the list making in your head will not even be an option. I have an opinion about lists though. For one thing, making a list is actually an accomplishment. You can sit down with a cup of coffee and still feel like you are doing something. Second, there is an undeniable feeling you get when you actually cross something off the list. The simple act of marking a line through an item or putting a check next to it is equal or better to a pat on the back. I usually work alone, so if I am getting a pat on the back, it is from me. I think for years that homemakers have comforted themselves in this way. The job we have is definitely the most under appreciated. Keep making those lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life is a list and I can only hope it is full of checkmarks and lines drawn though when my last day nears.

    ReplyDelete

Gluten-Free Moroccan Carrot Soup

Tex-Mex Chicken Quinoa

Baby Bok Choy And Grass-Fed Beef Stir-Fry

Gluten-Free Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie

Crustless Quiche

Hearty Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup

The Best Brussels Sprouts Ever

No Cans Chicken and Rice (Gluten Free)

Last Minute Soup

Gluten-Free Cajun Quinoa

Pantry Staples

No-Bake Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies

Flourless Chocolate Cake gluten-free

Flourless Chocolate Cake Gluten-free

i heart groceries' Texas Caviar

iheartgroceries blog logo