Thursday, January 5, 2012

Seriously

Have you ever thought to yourself, "Hey, I am feeling pretty good about myself today. I think I need a little something to bring my self-esteem down a few notches. And while I am at it, why don't I add a little frustration to the mix?"  Have I got a plan for you...start a blog. Seriously. Yesterday seemed to go so well and today I set out with a plan and a list, and nada. Now I generally am a pretty quick study. I can follow directions and figure things out. But for some reason "Blogger" has me a little out of sorts. Seems easy enough. Click here, enter a gadget here, turn off your widgets, (or is it turn on your widgets?), write, edit, post, click here to be followed, here to show your profile, here to link, here to label, here to add an image and soon your precious words can be viewed by others via readers, tweets, feeds, some letters that I am not sure what they mean and email alerts. And thanks to the "Help" button this should be beyond simple because come on, surely you can figure it out with "Help". I mean, REALLY. However, I am calling it a day and promise to try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. This really made me laugh. You should have started your blog back in 2009, when they were using the old interface. Then sometime in 2011 they start bugging you about trying the new interface, and you ignore it because you just got this thing figured out. Then one day you wake up and guess what? They have switched to the new interface, and tough! It's sort of the old dog, new tricks thing, and it was ugly. Call me before you pull your hair out or throw your computer out the window. Maybe I can talk you off the ledge. When you get all the kinks worked out, I will add you to the list of Food Blogs that I follow on my blog. I try to give my readers options for preparing good food, and have a pretty healthy list going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment "The Farmer". I think I made some headway today and have my first recipe complete with pics up and posted. I would love the add. No fear of the ledge today but there's always tomorrow, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Gluten-Free Moroccan Carrot Soup

Tex-Mex Chicken Quinoa

Baby Bok Choy And Grass-Fed Beef Stir-Fry

Gluten-Free Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie

Crustless Quiche

Hearty Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup

The Best Brussels Sprouts Ever

No Cans Chicken and Rice (Gluten Free)

Last Minute Soup

Gluten-Free Cajun Quinoa

Pantry Staples

No-Bake Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies

Flourless Chocolate Cake gluten-free

Flourless Chocolate Cake Gluten-free

i heart groceries' Texas Caviar

iheartgroceries blog logo